View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:29 PM

Yorgi is on a distinguished road
Default GFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Your phosphates and nitrates are a little on the high side for SPS. Are you running GFO in your phosphate reactor? Would expect it to be lower if you are.

Are there any pests like AEFW (heaven forbid) that might be killing your acros?

You might also consider a bio pellet reactor if you have exhausted all other means of getting your N03 down. And you might want to look at your phosphate reactor to see why your P04 isn't lower.
I'm very new to this hobby in saltwater so I have no idea what GFO is? There is a Phosguard being run in the reactor as well as carbon. What is AEFW??

I use a service company for my tank ( bi weekly) so I tend to only do my own testing infrequently. I'm not sure what these other additives are that are being suggested -still learning sorry I'm quite a newbie so if I sound uneducated about it I am but I am learning and tend to pick up quickly.

So from what I'm hearing a "melting pot" of coral so to speak is either risky or a dream lol. Makes sense.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a company( in Edmonton) that does good aqua/reef scraping? While my service company does a good job that aspect lacks and I want something more elaborate than what they have provided