View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 04:07 AM

robbyG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
So this is going to be a rant update.

The new firmware of the touch controller still has LOADS, and I mean LOADS, of work to be done to make it a reliable controller. The two primary issues that I have faced with the new firmware:

1. My ATO is programmed such that if the reservoir is low (via float switch), the ATO turns off and I get an email notification to refill. The ATO has turned off for no apparent reason, twice until now, despite the water level is above the sensor and the sensor reading ok. To start the ATO, I had to revisit the programming, go through all the steps once again (no editing; just Next Next Next...) and save the program to reset and turn on the ATO.

2. The display froze again! The other day, I noticed that despite the temperature being high, I didn't get an email notification. When I tapped on the screen, all the tabs went grey and froze. Had to restart the controller to get everything running. The controller was showing the right time so it froze when I clicked on it. After restarting it, things went back to being normal and I got the temperature notification.

My verdict: Not happy with the controller; wish I saved my money for an Apex or the new Vertex.

When you say new firmware are you talking about the Beta version that they are now finalizing or are you talking about Ver 4.0.B which has been out for awhile? I have not had a freezing issue since I turned off the screen saver and thats with both 4.0.B and the Beta. I wonder if something else is causing the problem?

I agree with you that they need to get their act together on fixing the issues, but keep in Mind the Apex also freezes and they have never seemed to rectify that problem. So far I know that the ACQ115 can run for years without ever freezing. My tank went for at least 4 years on complete auto pilot. I don't trust the ACQ140 enough yet to do the same but I keep monitoring it and so far it has not frozen or misbehaved.

I suggested you take a second look at your ATO program and make sure it is not conflicting with another program.

Last edited by robbyG; 08-08-2016 at 04:17 AM.