View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 04:21 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

So this is going to be a rant update.

The new firmware of the touch controller still has LOADS, and I mean LOADS, of work to be done to make it a reliable controller. The two primary issues that I have faced with the new firmware:

1. My ATO is programmed such that if the reservoir is low (via float switch), the ATO turns off and I get an email notification to refill. The ATO has turned off for no apparent reason, twice until now, despite the water level is above the sensor and the sensor reading ok. To start the ATO, I had to revisit the programming, go through all the steps once again (no editing; just Next Next Next...) and save the program to reset and turn on the ATO.

2. The display froze again! The other day, I noticed that despite the temperature being high, I didn't get an email notification. When I tapped on the screen, all the tabs went grey and froze. Had to restart the controller to get everything running. The controller was showing the right time so it froze when I clicked on it. After restarting it, things went back to being normal and I got the temperature notification.

My verdict: Not happy with the controller; wish I saved my money for an Apex or the new Vertex.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob