View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 06:13 AM

robbyG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiansho View Post
I recently bought mine and I am loving it. My aquarium is balanced n you can actually see in the corals. It was worth the $$$. Now juat trying to figure out what lights to use for my upgrade.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
If your using the Touch controller you might want to look at the Aquatronica LED lighting systems. They have 9 models some for FW and some for SW all in various sizes and power levels. The best part is that you have full programability via the AQT and can incorporate them into other programs.

They can also work independently. Just download the PC software and hook up a USB cable to a port on the module and connect via a laptop. You can program all your daily settings and then disconnect the Laptop and the lights will work on their own.

The two other things that I like about them is that they use top of the line CREE LEDs and they have beefy aluminum heatsinks that don't require fans. IMHO while I like Echotech Radion LEDS I think they are always going to be plagued by Fan issues. I have never had a computer type fan last longer than 1-2 years when exposed to salty air. I even bought $40 industrial chemical Fan that is internally coated against corrosive gas and it also failed within 3 years. When those fans fail and you don't realize it for a few days, it will really heats up the LEDs and shortens their life.