View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 PM

turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Screw it, I'm going to write a no-BS guide to SW for newbies..

Give me a few days

haha yeah there's tonnes of info on the net already. most of it has been composed by highly informed scientists, wordsmiths, and overall very experienced aquapeople. (unlike myself in all counts) The onus is on me, as the browser of all this info, to sift thru the BS and find the truth, and use other people's experience in the hobby to facilitate my own attempts.

there's a big difference in making mistakes because you're new and inexperienced and making mistakes due to a lack of respect and understanding.

i spend a few hours a week (more like a few hours a day sometimes) reading info on the net. not just about saltwater aquariums, but many other topics as well. so i'll be more than happy to read your no-BS guide to SW for newbs, i'm just saying... they're out there already. that's not to say your particular contribution to the library won't be beneficial.

if everything could be solved by just reading guides then there wouldn't be any more specific questions. Nobody would be able to post anything unless it were actual new information or scientific research

I just spent all day reading. I'm tired of reading! Now I have questions. Usually for every answer you get from browsing the forums there's five more questions you want to ask.

What I need at this time is tailored advice to my particular situation.