View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Gold Member

smokinreefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smokinreefer
Default Dealing with humidity

Hey,

I've read a few threads here regarding humidity and i'm at a bit of a loss.

Here's my situation, family has commented on the humidity level in the house and how they aren't comfortable in it.

My set up, Peninsula display tank on main floor of a very open floor plan (backs very near to an exterior wall). Sump is in crawlspace in basement.

i have forced air heating and A\C.

Portable dehumidifier wont work for me due to size of tank (evaporation) and because of open layout of home.

From what i can tell, an HRV might be the way to go for me. However i'm really at a loss as to what an HRV actually is, what it does, what it looks like, what would be involved to retrofit.

Only other option i can think of would be to create a closed canopy over my display and vent it directly outside. While i think this should work, building this canopy would obstruct a bit more of my view looking out from one of our main living spaces, and while not a deal breaker per se, aesthetically not my first choice as thats why i dont have a canopy on it currently.

Any thoughts? any input? The family puts up with me having my dream tank, so i want to make sure it doesn't interfere with them being comfortable in their own home.

Thanks!