View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:20 PM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

I have found that you need a stable mature tank to grow macro algae well. Its the unwanted varieties that tend to grow when things are not right. If it doesn't grow it will only die and release nutrients back into your tank, counter productive.

I wouldn't buy live rock from one of J&L's tanks they have aiptaisa and other nasties. I wouldn't buy Chaeto from J&L's or anyone but a clean tank and then it should be quarantined.

Correct me if I am wrong J&L's real reef live rock doesn't have pods only good bacteria. I added some to my new frag tank 5 months ago to seed my tank with beneficial bacteria. I still haven't added a major light source to that tank as I am letting it mature before firing it up (also because I haven't had time to complete the setup)

I have found Hermits are sh#t disturbers at the best of times. Other reefers love them.

I have some pods (Canada Copepods growing out, feed my pipefish with them) if you want some to add to your tank, come by bring over a small container and you can have some.

Last edited by Frogger; 05-25-2018 at 11:24 PM.