View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 06:10 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

*lights cigarette*

I imagine heavy smoking around a tank would affect it, but I'm thinking HEAVY smoking...like a pack.

BUT here's my stand on the whole "smokers are bad" issue. *drag on smoke* Yes, its a vice and an addiction, yes alot of us who smoke realize its bad for our health. I like to think I am a considerate smoker though. Before lighting a smoke in someone else's house or car etc I always ask if it's okay with them...but in my house, damn right I smoke....it's MY house. I have opened windows/doors etc and stood outside in my own place though if I have guests over who it bothers. I also smoke alot when I'm drawing or painting...I think that comes with the territory of tattoing though...alot of tattoers smoke.

When I was in the hospital for 2 months due to heart attacks (long story)...they weaned me down...not off. To quit cold turkey would have caused too much stress on my system the doctors said...not to mention that 4 out of 5 of my regular nurses and my heart surgeon smoke as well. Yes, I have cut down alot....used to smoke damn near 2 packs a day and now am about a pack every 3 days or so...but whatever. It might just be my weird outlook, but the way I see it, I've died already (was dead for 8 minutes and in ICU for a week after that) and they STILL gave me 10mg of nicotine a day...weird.... Also, I know some old time tattoers (we're talking people who have been tattooing 30+ years) who when they thought about quitting their docs told them the same thing...they have been smoking for so long that to quit would probably cause more harm than good...they have all cut down, but still smoke.

My great uncle turned 100 in May. I asked him why he thinks he's lived so long. His answer: "I drink 3 glasses of wine a day, smoke a pack a day, and mow my own lawn"....

I also know of people who AFTER they quit for a number of years had more health problems than when they were smoking

(end long, useless rambling rant with really no point at all)
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.