View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
Sweet Kien. I love the overhanging deck. I'll be putting in a 17' x 33' pond in my yard mid to late August. I have 38 tons of rock coming. This rain we've had for the last 2 weeks have not helped with my landscaping. The mosquitos are also causing me to almost quit. You might not want to go deeper. I contemplated going more than 24" deep and didn't see it necessary. If you go more than 24" deep, then you have to get a permit to comply with Alberta swimming pool regulations. And as with more water volume, means more filtration needed. If your 24" is fine, I'd say leave it. It looks awesome with all those fish. Too bad the herons ate 10 of my fish . That's one main reason I'll have the bridge accross my new pond, for the fish to hide. Thanks for sharing. Love it.
Holy crap that's a big pond Dez! LOL. Ya, I read up on all the regulations before I put the pond in which is why the pond is only 2 feet. I could probably live with the fence around it if I went deeper but I suspect in the end such an upgrade will likely suffer in the hands of laziness. Besides there are quite a few other things I need to do. I need to redesign the area around the pond. Would like to redo the retaining wall in something nicer. I also need to redo the waterfall. It was kind of a hack job and semi proof-of-concept that never seemed to leave the "concept" phase..

Anyway, 24" does work out well for me but like with any aquatic hobby, the more volume the better (for the fish), not for the wallet or sanity though.. :-) Again, It's always on my mind but I doubt it'll happen.

Bridges are nice. The pond I built at my parents place is a figure 8 with a walking bridge over it. We do like to sit on the deck and sometimes put our feet over into the pond and let the fish nibble on our toes.