View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

the box seems to be bang on for head loss... i use a 200 for a waterfall in a tererium and its useless at 2 feet... i use a oddysea 700 for my 20 gallon... works good at 4 feet. i figure around 250gph. cheep pump works great.. i have also seen these pumps used on skimmers and work awsome.. very fine bubbles and the pinwhell comes with the pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Thanks for the replies!

I want it as a return pump for a 20 gallon tank. The 600 (160 gph) says max head is 4.3 feet, and I will have 3'7". I'm just wondering if I'm going to get a lot of head loss being fairly close to the max. I would prefer to have 120-150 gph through the sump, and definitely don't want anything less than 100 gph.

Maybe I will email Eheim.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 09-08-2011 at 12:11 AM.