View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 04:20 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Calcium problems.

Quote:
Originally posted by Titus:
Hello,

I'd increase the CO2 and effluent rate. Your Ca level from your reactor is rather low. It could be a lot higher.

But please e-mail me once you find out if it's the magnesium that's playing tricks with you.

Titus
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ok ow question I have about this.. Also for you Marc, if I increase both my feed rate and my co2 I stay the same. shouldent I just be increasing my co2 to get mode desolving? maby I am not understanding something here but if I increas both equaly then i just put more water of the same proportion don't I?

also tell me if you think my thinking is screwed but this is my theory on the low ca level outof the reactor..

Sence you need a higher Mg level to get 420ish ca levels wouldent it stand to reason that if the water you are putting through your reactor is deficient in Mg then it won't be able to desolve a lot of Ca? so if this is the case maby the reason for the low Ca out put of my reactor when compared to the normal (reactor) Alk levels is because of Mg deficieny also..

Victor, I was looking at my epsom salts and I was going to use them but there are other compounds in them also that I don't want in my tank.. a proper *pure* buffer is only 9.00 for more than I will ever need so I figured what the heck.. also I wanted to order a couple books anyways hehe...

anyways my thinking might be on or off but it won't harm anything to slowly bring my levels up to *normal* and see... and sence it will be here in a couple days if it doesent start making a diff then I can look else whare.. as the Ca level should increase in proportion to the rise of the Mg level if that is the problem.

Steve