View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 05:19 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
I never really appreciated the selection (and the prices) when I was down there. Granted, I agree about the LFS-they are of the same (if not lower) quality/selection as here, however, I find the online selection/availability/prices severely lacking.

For instance, checkout this website: www.petsolutions.com

When I was living in the States, and just starting into SW, I was always shocked at the prices for their livestock (I thought they were SO expensive!!). Now that I am in Canada, unable to order from them and more experienced in the hobby, I can only look at their selection and drool.

That being said, I know that if I am ever REALLY looking for something in particular, our LFS here (Calgary) really try to help out however possible-NOT an attribute I was able to find in the States.

All in all-I think Canada holds it's own in the hobby. I have a FAR better tank than I was ever able to attain in the States-a kudo to the LFS that helped me to accomplish it.
Yeah this is pretty much what I meant. Canada lacks the cheap online shopping big time! But still also find common sps like say a green Millie to be overpriced here. For example I was looking at a nice maybe 4-5" one a few weeks back at a LFS...$60. I can guarantee that will never sell in Florida for $60. There would be about 5 other LFS I could get the same thing for $30.

It must have to do with where you are though. A few people are saying they think the stores are the same or worse in the US. I have lived in Miami, Phoenix and NY (NY for only 8 months and never had a tank) and can say all those cities have better stores than Vancouver. Phoenix...maybe about the same as here.

We won't even get started on equipment though...there is no comparison