View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road
Default Tang's Now Tank (TNT)🌊

Well after taking abit of a break, about 2 years I thought I would never get back into the hobby again. I was still hanging out with guys that were passionate about corals but when you don't look at a tank every day you start to not miss corals and the reef as a whole. But with my first born alittle older now I find him more active and learning new things quickly. We would go visit my friends and look at their tanks and corals and I could see he was taking a liking to fish and corals.

So I decided to shut down my freshwater planted tank and start a reef again.... I've had a rimless 34g for a few years and filled it up pretty quickly like I always do. But I wanted something abit larger so I did a little searching. There were quite a few cube tanks for sale but one caught my eye... It was on the Sunshine Coast which was abit of a ways away but I was able to get help from a good buddy and off we went to get my new tank. Loaded it in his truck no problem and got it back, after this I got a few of the boys over to help me level the tank and replumb. Ran it with fresh water for 4 days and once all the small
Leaks were sorted I drained it. Next I will be dealing a white and bottom to it and aquascapimg then filling with saltwater.

I still need to get a skimmer and lights but for now I am going to use 6 bulb t5.
I will add a couple pics of the progress as it comes along.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips