View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:42 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
well unfortunately the voting system has a flaw, it's pretty easy for someone to sign up multiple accounts using different IP addresses. I noticed a big jump last night and I also noticed a few new members also signed up at the same time and I also have a hard time understanding why so many people vote for the one and not the other, a few is understandable but 36? I also don't recall ever seeing a poll with so many votes. Keep in mind this wouldn't be the first time, and this time a real prize is involved so I think the threat is there.

But these are just observations I do think that if someone really is cheating they need serious help, it's just a silly contest and you've got way too much time on your hands.
I agree there is that possibility, seen it before on other forums.. Would be hard to believe that 36 extra accounts have been made, but I guess anything is possible.

There are real prizes in the photo contest though, I suppose not of a monetary type, but a free 8x10 framed photo is still something worth winning. I'd love to get one of my pics as a winner..

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
I guess... but voting on who's most innovative doesn't necessarily mean that anyone had to be cutting edge. Should still be able to vote on who did the best worst job, at the end of the day I'm not too concerned I'm just looking for excuses to bump the polls back to the top cause there is only a few days left and crying about the vote difference is a good way to do that ahaha. And in the back of my mind I know more people are inclined to vote when it's a close race... "oh I could make the difference" but hopefully that's the only thing people are inclined to do
I did have a few PMs about the category and that they didn't think any of the tanks were "innovative" based on the definition I provided. I was straight forward and told them they are not obligated to vote. I didn't have 30+ PM's about it (thank god! haha), but if it hadn't been for your water change system (not something you see on a nano setup very often), I probably wouldn't have voted either to be honest.

You did say you were gonna kick ass in your first post in your build thread.. You are definitely doing that in the other votes. haha!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988