View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
I'll see if I can find the article regarding biopellets and activated carbon. When I read it I sort of decided biopellets aren't for me but if they aren't mutually exclusive then I will more than likely take up their use. I do have a relatively smallish protein skimmer for my tank, do you have to run a much larger one?

5D huh? I would love to get a full frame camera one day. My 40D has the battery grip so I don't think I'm saving much in terms of size. That 100mm lens is amazing for its price point isn't it?
You need an appropriate skimmer for your tank in general. You should need to get overly larger skimmer just to run biopellets. So long as your skimmer is rated well for your tank, you should be OK. If not, then you should get a new skimmer anyway :-)

I actually don't take advantage of the full frame really. 90% of my photos are cropped down to 800x600 to post on canreef LOL. I'll crop to a slightly higher res for wallpapers but even a 40D 10mega pixel is fine for that. In the end, I don't produce any full frame resolution images to store. 1. They are HUGE and 2. they take too long to process. In other words, I have never needed more than 10 mega pixels. And ya, the 100mm macro is probably my favourite. Macros in general are my favourite photography genre/subject. I take a lot of macros of bugs, flowers, corals, etc :-)