View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
Kien, your tank makes me green with envy. The livestock you have is just amazing!

You say you're running biopellets, but from what I understand you aren't supposed to run carbon with biopellets. Do you use a different adsorbent? I'm seriously thinking about starting up a biopellet reactor but I'm also attached to my carbon (weird huh?).

Also what sort of photography setup do you have? I have a Canon 40D with all L-series glass. I have a 100mm macro lens with a matching polarized filter and that's what I'll likely be taking my tank photos with.
Thanks ! I can't say that I've ever heard that you shouldn't run activated carbon with bioPellets. They both do completely different things. I've been running carbon in conjunction with my bioPellets for 4 years now. Perhaps you (or your sources) were meaning organic carbon like what's used in other carbon dosing methods? That is, Vodka, Sugar, Vinegar, ZeoVit&Prodibio carbon sources, etc? I definitely would not recommend dosing other organic carbons with bioPellets. Having said that, I know of some people who have attempted this. And no, not weird, I like my activated carbon too :-) .. if in fact you were meaning activated carbon and not organic carbons.

You have the same photo gear I do. In addition I have a canon 5D Mark II. I shoot with the 5D sometimes but I actually prefer the 40D because it's smaller and lighter (for my dainty hands) :-) As for lenses, I'll either shoot with the 100mm macro or my 24-105 F4 zoom depending on my mood.