Thread: Betta Breeders
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM

zenafish is on a distinguished road

What are you looking for? To obtain stock, or to connect with other breeders?

Not too many people are actively breeding bettas now. There isn't enough return in the hobby for the fish they breed, and to many it's simply too much work. Myself being one of them. I've been transhipping Aquabid bettas for the last two years, and recently I had to call it quit even with Hung's tons of help because we're not making any money.

To connect with other people in the betta breeding hobby, I'd suggest you look up Betta Breeders Canada. You need to pay for memebership for both that club and IBC (international betta congress), but the handful of people there are good. Here is another Canadian group of people who breed bettas and this forum is free (http://www.atfreeforum.com/bettasplendens/) and finally, to connect with a wider N.American betta fan base, the best place to go would be Ultimate Bettas (also free).

HTH.

** Taking a break (per say) from the hobby, but keeping a selected few seahorses to show and tell. Bye bye fishroom and hello display tank :S