View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 04:27 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default Raied's Punyaquarium Build

Well, I am back

For the past 1 year, I have had quite a few changes: I got the perfect job, I bought a brand new car and finally switched to a better apartment. I thought about restarting my hobby but some things kept on blocking it. But finally, few weeks back, when I was talking to a client from long island and he showed how he was using the LED fixtures from the company that I work for (I work for a LED manufacturer btw), that clicked my determination! I have finally decided to pull the trigger once more.

Well this tank is NOT going to be like the last big mistake I made. It is going to be small, only LPS and softies and something that I can enjoy instead of experimenting with. From the top of my mind, I am planning on the following:

1. Tank dimension: 18"x18"x15". Will be starfire, black siliconed and absolutely no trim. I am ready to sacrifice size but won't have any trim and get bugged by the salt creeps.

2. Lighting: as many of you know, I am not a big fan of LEDs for aquarium. But for this tank, I am going for LEDs and none other than Kessil (they are a real LED fixture manufacturer). Reviews seems to be good and I like their no lens fixtures for the nice colour blend. For the tank size, I am going for A160. I am struggling to find the PAR readings out of these fixtures; can anyone please help me out with this?

3. Filtration: This is something that I am debating with myself. I want a big skimmer on the tank and since my previous filtration experience has always been overkill, I don't want to repeat the same thing again. Then again, I am open to suggestions for this. Anything that can be done without sump. Suggestions are always welcome.

4. Content: as mentioned earlier, this is going to be a tank that I can enjoy instead of messing around with. I really like the idea of a bonai tree (with various colours of torches) and I will probably be going for that. Want something sweet and simple this time. Colourful, basic, with some crazy clownfish clowning around.

Just as a quick flashback, this is where I left an year ago:

I am excited

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob

Last edited by Delphinus; 12-31-2015 at 02:18 AM.