View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:42 AM

Reef-Geek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatohead View Post
So, I guess I am a bit of a salt nerd and like to try different things. I find the selection out west here really sucks.

Basically, unless you want Instant Ocean or Reef Crystals you need to do some digging. One store carries Red Sea, but I'm not battling traffic for 45 minutes each way for salt. Amazon sometimes has Red Sea. D&D, Aquaforest, Kent and Salinity at certain stores, and that's really about it. Seachem Reef is discontinued and NLA.

So if you want to try Tropic Marin, ESV Brightwell, Fauna Marin, Fritz or a bunch of other brands there is no option other than US or eastern Canada and crazy shipping rates in the latter case. I like supporting local/Canadian stores. I run my tank at NSW and I'm sick of having to deal with muriatic acid all the time, that stuff is harsh. I have used AF in the past and wasn't all that happy, maybe they got their stuff together now.

I am using Balling Light and the FM stuff rocks, but I can't try the salt without an insane price tag. Am I alone in this?
not just for salt selections, pretty much true for everything else too, I mean everything else...