View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins View Post
So I think I saw someone offer their place if it's in Nanaimo or was I imagining things?
No, you weren't imagining things, that was me. Did one here before no troubles at all.

Quote:
Early summer is a long way off what do folks thing of the April-June time frame? For me it would have to be a weekend and if it was depending on timeing I could probably get down early and do what I can to to assist with setup (I have a really bad back so I'm limited on on the heavy manual labour). I have no idea what kind of crowd normally shows for these but I could bring down a BBQ as well as folding table and chairs.
Chairs and BBQ's sound great. I had to do the salmon in the oven last time due to BBQ space. I'm sure we can find enough backs to do the grunt labor, and a weekend is pretty much a sure thing as it works best for the majority, not to mention that's all that would work for me!! Fair weather in June'ish would let us use the yard for the BBQ/kickback and BS session. (BS=Beer Swaling. GRIN!)

Quote:
Another option would be to look at renting a hall for this I know there's several in the Nanaimo area that are really inexpensive (my cousin recently got married there). While we still have to do setup and cleanup it's not one poor person's home that gets stuck with the majority of the work.
Setup and cleanup weren't really a problem last time. The house and yard are big enough for the numbers of reefers I'd expect. I may not be rich, but I'm not "one poor person!" hmmm.... OK maybe a little bit.

Quote:
Anyhow I'm in whenever and where-ever as long as I can swing the logistics on the date picked. Let me know if I can assist.

Sharon
OK you can assist ( LOL!!) if the crowd desides Nanaimo and my place.