Thread: Which DSLR?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Reef View Post
1) I think the new 70d is an entry level to the full frame market so I EFS lens will not work unless the lens you have are EF lens. If you wish to continue using the old lens then you will have to look at the EFS lines.
The 70 is a APS-C sensor, not full frame. So EF-S lenses will work fine.

1) Have you out grown your current gear? If you are unaware of the limitations of your current kit then I'd say no, it's not worth while replacing them. If you have been unsatisfied with the photos your taking then perhaps its time to invest in better optics.

If your camera never leaves the green square or pre-set modes, then I'd say your better off learning how to push the limits of what you have first.

2) 70d is a good camera. (I prefer the extended range the small sensor cameras provide over full frame) but, I tend to shoot more telephoto shots.

3) I debated between the two lenses before settling on the non L lens. while the IS is nice, it didn't help enough to justify the extra $400. I feel a GOOD tripod will help more with macro shots than IS.

4) In terms of stores, I agree that "The Camera Store" is the best in Calgary. The do have a get you in get you out atmosphere however. I've seen many people go to the store to try the gear then tell the sales men that they are going to buy it online to save a few bucks.

If you want to try any canon gear go to Eight Avenue Place and check out
IMAGE SQUARE - The canon experience center.
This is a trail location only, no sales, so they are there to answer questions and help inform you, not up sell you to reach sales targets.
Play with all the lenses, from 8mm to 800mm!!

If you want to order online, B and H Photo is the best source IMO.
Check out http://www.photoprice.ca for a comparison of a lot of stores in Canada and the States.
67 Gallon Mixed Reef, Modular LED Lights

Send in the Clowns - Clown Fish Breeding
5 Gallon Fry Hatchery and 15 Gallon Clown Grow Out Tank

Last edited by Ross; 12-17-2013 at 08:46 PM.