View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 05:09 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

remember folks this is a contest but the goal is to have fun and enjoy your little nano, the rules and guidlines ive created are made to keep this a contest, the judges will monitor the contest and award points on many different categorys,as this gets going youll find theres not a whole lot of rules that are required. not everyone is going to agree with the rules but i believe its the best and only way to have a level and even contest where all members can compete. please follow the timeline and the rules to the best that you can. if someone is unclear on the rules they can pm me with any questions.

prize:
this is a contest for fun and there is no entry fee, i have been able to find a prize but it will not be announced untill after the sign up date is over, that ways we dont have a bunch of people doing this for the prize only:P prize could a toonie or a lifetime of gas...who knows...well actually i do, but ill never tell hehehe:P
im always interested in sponsors who would like to donate a prize if any sponsors are interested pls pm me for details

this contest is open to anyone from beginner to advance aquarist, this competition is to see what the brilliant minds of canreef members can do when given the spotlight, no moneys are being made on this contest and it is simply being made for the members of canreef enjoyment
id like to see this as a yearly contest and i would love to be the one who hosts it every year but in order for this to happen we need participants, so dont be shy.
your little setups need not be expensive, stressfull or in any way not fun, thats why we have a point system, it will help everyone get points in the categorys they are best at
ill ask that everyone does their best not to cheat i understand not everything can be regulated or watched so most of the contest is being left to the contestants to follow and build at their own will.
the contest is for 6 mths ,
if your fast you can be further ahead then the timeline but you must provide pics and updates by the required dates. everything is explained in the timeline and there will be no surprise posts asking for videos or pics with dates. simply log all that you do and when the time comes for an update post the appropriate info.
if you forget to take pics of something it doesnt mean youll get no points you may not just get the full amount you could have.
everything is being left to the judges, once the contest starts i will have no contact with them unless their is an emergency or similiar problem in which case all judges will be notified.
if somethng comes up in your life be it sickness , marrige ,birth etc and you cannot add pics by the timeline pls pm me and i will notify the judges, points may or may not be deducted depending on the circumstances

please take a few minutes to read the rules and the timeline

thats all folks!!