View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 02:06 PM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

I agree that the tank is part of the house, there is nothing I can really do about that unless they had signed the amendment.

As far as the contents of the tank, i.e. live rock, water and critters that I am not clear on. I personally see no reason why they would be included from a legal stand point. Fixtures can be designed to contain other possessions, it doesn't mean those possessions are included. Lets say a built in china cabinet, the china wouldn't come with the cabinet right? However if the item in question was a part of the fixture that makes the fixture functional, like say in my case the main circulation pump, or a light bulb for a light fixture, I could see that being included.

But what do I know? I'm not a lawyer. When I asked my lawyer about it he just got upset about the question and in a very lawyer way evaded the question, which leads me to believe he doesn't really know and his advise is not grounded any any sort of law, just simply doesn't want to risk upsetting the purchasers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikey View Post
If the tank is a fixture, it sells with the house as it is deemed part of the house. Keep in mind, that's the empty tank, the actual property.

Contents of the tank are yours to do with what you please and, my guess is that the tank sells along with the house and it's the new owners issue.

Of course, all the internet advice in the world won't top a real estate lawyer and a brief consultation. Know your rights and position before you make a decision.

Last edited by Seth81; 10-23-2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Fat fingers