View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 04:44 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Tuesday night update. Last dosed interceptor Saturday am, did a 20% water change on Sunday pm, turned skimmer on Sunday pm and added carbon on Monday.
I am happy to say that I have not seen a single black bug since Saturday night. However I have 37+ acros (including cuttings) and I really can only see one side of about a half dozen of them. I have not taken any out of the tank and put under a microscope. Often these little buggers hide inside the corallites behind the polyps so they are not always visible. But considering on Saturday before I did the latest dose I could easily see about 30 of these guys on my orange passion. Under the microscope there were easily more than a hundred on the coral.

No changes to any of my water parameters (nitrates, phosphates, alkalinity and calcium usage).

Maybe its me but I can see extended polyps during the day on corals that normally do not readily extend their polyps and usually only at night if they do. I actually see "some" (I use that word loosely) polyps on my RR Pink Floyd. I have had the coral for almost 2 years, it has never grown a millimeter although it has maintained its colour all this time. It has been 1.5 years since I have seen a polyp on it.

Keeping fingers crossed, will do another treatment (hopefully last) at the same dosage about 2.75 times recommend on Saturday just to be sure. Copepods are either free spawners or broadcasters (females carry eggs until hatching) so I do not think that unhatched eggs are an issue, second dose should take care of any extras just in case.