View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 06:10 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
What kind of dose pre week and what size water volume are you using now. Has the medicine killed all your crabs, shrimps , feather dusters and all your other worms, ampapods ,and copepods.
I don't have any crabs or shrimp in my main display. As of tonight I cannot see any black bugs but still too premature to start celebrating.

My amphripod population took a huge hit with that last dose I could only see a couple tonight. I have seen a bunch of dead bristle worms. Snails still active. I did a 20% water change tonight. My tank is a 75gallon redsea reefer total volume with sump 90 gallons. I am guessing 80 gallons water maybe a little less once rock is taken into consideration. I will give you a breakdown of exactly what my doses were, how often how much water change ect once I have successfully eradicated this menace.

My tank is a nitrogen sink. I have never had readable nitrates and I have to add nitrates (NaNO3) daily to keep my nitrates at .5ppm. I have not seen a change in the nitrate usage. I will check again tonight to see if that has changed after the pod population has been wiped out.

I have a melanarus wrasse but not sure if he has taken a liking to the black bug. Likely not because the wrasse is asleep in the sand when the black bugs are active.