View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:34 PM

Psyire is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments! So far I'm having some good luck with these two, they are eating NLS pellets and Fauna Marin Pellets. They also started eating Cyclopeeze out of the water column yesterday, so that's awesome. I've noticed they are starting to grab the odd pellet out of water column as well, but for the most part I have to put the pellets onto the rocks so they can peck them off. If I don't do this my other fish usually end up with the pellets as they are so used to feeding this way they are better at it than the filefish.

I would agree that these fish may not belong in a LFS, BUT one could say that about a lot of fish in the stores.. The fact that there are numerous reports of people having these fish live years in their aquariums tells me it's possible for some people. Much like a Copper Band or Moorish Idol I suppose, to the credit of the LFS, they did have 'expert only' listed beside these guys. 12 days and going strong..

Thanks for the tips on how to get these guys eating, I'm definitely willing to try anything. Ideally I'd like them to be eating Pellets, PE Mysis, and Cyclopeeze as these are the mainstay's of my aquarium. (all out of the water column) I'm close but definitely not out of woods as they are not putting on weight very fast, but I'm confident it will come.