View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
I am sorry. I really try to keep on top of all things marine but it looks as though I missed the study or article that changed the chances of MI survival. Were scientists or experts able to develop some type of new food or figure out how to keep them alive in some manner?
Would you please share the link to the study or article so we can all benefit?

I know you intended the tang pic to be humour but the pic was very hard for me to to look at.

Wayne
Not sure I posted an article, or suggested an article, or otherwise gave anything but a stat based on feedback from a supplier.

Many people report 5 years plus with these using NLS pellets. Only one guy reports feeding sponge regularly.
I bet a lot more clownfish die in captivity than moorish idols. I don't see you championing their cause.
Sorry Wayne, but your "opinion" means squat to me, as long as you have/had a tank of your own. I killed a fish, you torture them for longer periods.

And no, the pic wasn't meant in humour at all. It was meant as a glimpse into where fish end up. They're food for humans. Sometimes we adopt them and keept them trapped in a box for our enjoyment, but they're fish. They have been removed from the ocean since we figured out how, and they will be removed for as long as they or us exist.
If my keeping a fish and posting about it helps save one that is going to get purchased anyway, I'm glad.

Lastly, I have no problem discussing ethics of fish-keeping, or life for that matter, but if you're going to be a dink in your replies, I have no interest in talking to you.