View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

little late on the update but here goes

over the last while we added a bunch more inverts so our list now includes cleaner shrimps(6), anemone crabs(2), anemone shrimp(3) , harlequin serpent star(1) , fromia sea star(1), candy pistol shrimp(1) , blue legged hermits(20) , emerald crabs(1) ,halloween hermit(1) , pom pom crab(1)....plus more im sure im forgetting lol

the problem was though as nice as it is having shrimps running around with no fear of predators they were picking on the clams and just about anything else that moves lol

we dealt with this for a while but the clams were getting worse so......

enter the guard dogs!!!

we added a full grown pair of scott's fairy wrasses

so now the shrimp are in hiding...caves, ledges etc. not as active but the reef overall appreciates it and these two seem to show no interest in the shrimps and are the show fish of the tank (damn costly lol)

we added a large sebae anemone a while ago but was hit or miss one day it would attach the next it wouldn't , after killing the flow for a few weeks we decided to pull the bugger out so that space is now empty and we are debating on doing an acan garden in that spot or reserving it for something else down the road lol

we haven't added much for corals but a few more zoanthids around the top

we are fully stocked for fish atm

3 x full grown pj cardinals
2 x trojan clownfish
1 x citron goby
1 x sailfin blenny
1 x baby kole tang
2 x scotts fairy wrasses

here are some pics of how it sits today , we finally did another water change last night of 5g to freshen things up a bit.

water results have stayed consistent and still no measurable po4 or no3 and this is even with me babysitting 9 fish in my sump, no new gfo as of lately either.

tank is maturing on schedule and without a hitch

pics:

will post some full tank shots here next

hope you enjoy!!

ruth and denny