View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:38 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I'd recommend securing the cord ASAP, even if it's with a temporary clamp on the rim. Aside from the danger of it dropping, there's undue stress on the cord the way it's hanging in your photo. As much as I like my VorTechs and the ingenuity behind the design, I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with the ziptie, sticky pad idea holding the electrical cord to keep the pump from hitting the floor if the two sides come apart. Sure it saves the dry side from hitting the floor and/or going through the glass, but it goes against most warnings about not pulling on electrical cords! You'd think they could come up with a tab or something solid on the dry side housing that would take a separate cable to keep the thing from falling.

My MP40s are just slightly offset in relation to each other and fairly close to the center of the side glass. About 6 inches from the tank rim. I have a third one on the back glass, turned down to a lower setting since my tank is narrow.