View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:02 PM

jassz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
it does look more like lymphocystis to me, I thought that was a water quality issue myself but I'm sure someone else can clarify. r).
What I was told was that it is almost always strikes newly added fish, and shows up about 6wks after introduction. That also fits. Now someone else has told me it is not likely lymphocystis as it is not at the edge of the fin. Has anyone seen it before? How could I differentiate it from flukes, or even a bacterial infection?

On the upside, he tried a bit of prawn last night, and has now moved his excavation of the aptisia to the gravel at the bottom. He shakes and shakes until the rocks fall off. I wonder if I could squirt some vitamins on to them?

I should also mention that he has fairly liquidy poo (which the puffer ate ). But then again, he has a pretty limited diet (the butterfly I mean, not the puffer).

His improved appetite gives me hope. And he doesn't seem at all stressed. Even when I was doing the water change and cleaning the walls of the tank yesterday, he didnt' particularly shy away from me. He seemed rather curious, just like the rest of them.

Last edited by jassz; 01-09-2011 at 02:04 PM.