View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 08:02 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

I use the clip which I hate, since it does always get wasted. I do soak in selcon and garlic but usually it floats away...

I have lots of PVC pipe and that is the best idea ever!!! How do you attach it to the tank or do you let it drop down? My tank is 30" deep and it is hard to get to the bottom on a good day.

I will do this right away since more nori goes into my overflows then anything. Thanks for ther tip it is awesome!!! My Naso is looking so much better today! Her stomach isn't imploded anymore and is almost smooth with the rest of her now. She is swimming around catching little tidbits now, but still won't eat when I am feeding. However, she is much better off. I was at the LFS the other day for a boxing week sale and mentioned my Naso that hubby bought elsewhere. He said Naso are the worst to get eating and he lost 27 of them the last shipment. He said she was probably going to die soon. I brought my newest and final additions home and it seems she thinks the more the merrier. The rabbitfish came a couple of days before, and then the new fish really spurred her appitite. My last fish will be a foxface from another wonderful member and we are doen for fish now. Next will be soft corals and such...

I am glad we have made it through the hardest oart of the build and can enjoy the fun part now. These forums have been the best tool for knowledge and friendship for me, and I don't know what I would do without them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta-newb View Post
Happy to hear she's eating nori..that's an excellent sign! If you happen to have some Selcon, you might want to try soaking the nori in it before feeding just as an extra boost of vitamins. I do this time to time to help supplement my fish's diet.

How do you feed your nori? I tried the algae clip that came with one of my packs but found that too much would tear away and end up going into the overflow so I switched to a feeding stick ( a piece of 1/2" PVC). Just wrap a sheet around and and hold it on with several elastic bands. Now there is very little waste and my hands don't get wet I drop in the stick before leaving for work (well before the fish wake up), so my fish have something to nibble on until I get home for their regular feedings.

Francis