View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack View Post
I've been digging around a little more and seems that this is prob made in the same factory as red sea coral salt, the similarities are just too alike, with alk being a little diff with respect to each other, i'm going back to seachems reef salt its numbers are good and 30 bucks cheaper, i can buy alot more salt for that. And No just cuz i heard it on the net doesnt make it true but i was just going on fauna marin's reputation when i read that, and i don't think he is the only one that thinks its rebadged rscs, have a looksy on the net and many people express that opinion. i won't say where and leave it up to you to look, I just think in this hobby we get use to equating quality with a higher price and get that nice placebo effect, Its no surprise that aquarium companies know this and prey on our weakness, just look at all the rebadged things in the industry which cost double then it normally would. Don't get me wrong i'm not cheap but This hobby is expensive enough, i dont need my salt to be anymore so for no reason.
If your just talking about the threads on Reef Central, that is not enough to base this on. Things spread like wildfire there. As soon as one person says its rebagged, a thousand others jump on the bandwagon and agree without actually knowing the facts. Many people expressing an opinion on the net does not make it a fact. Also being made in the same factory doesn't mean its the same product.

I am going to go get a bucket of the Red Sea stuff on friday when I am in Richmond (I know Big Als sells it) and test it.

As I said earlier, I have already found differences. Give me proof its the exact same and I will use the cheaper one but until then and as long as the H2O tests as well as it does, I will continue to use it.

Its not easy to find another salt testing high in Potassium.