View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 08:00 AM

DorySaid is on a distinguished road

Oh. I kinda forgot another point I wanted to bring up.
This has happened to me there as well but mostly with a friend I met in his store.
He (Danny) has a funny way to recommend livestock to you. Basically, everything goes with everything in most instances. This friend I met there, Danny sold him hundreds or even thousands of dollars of fish in which they didn't last in his system. The guy was a bit of an impulse buyer meaning he just bought whatever he thought would look good in his tank. This was great business for Danny as it kept him coming back. He even bought a $2000 dollar Vertex light system in which Danny talked him into a mediocre razor shortly after. Basically, what I saw was the guy was really hook line and sinker there, pardon the pun. That Vertex light was high end and expensive, much better than the razor. But of course Danny wanted to unload those razors. He tried to unload one on me but i wanted to go with ethereals as they were newer with wifi.
This was not the only instance. This other dude who spent probably tens of thousands there (according to Danny), came back one day and plopped down a bucket while I was there. Daniel told me that this guy bought it and it got beat the snot out of by another tang in the guy's tank. It was a large naso tang that was hangin on just barely when it arrived. He said he warned the guy but I knew better. There's no doubt he bought every fish and equipment from Wai's and Danny knew two big tangs were trouble. He just knew he could sell to this guy. And he knows he could sell something to anyone of us if you didn't know much better. I've heard of pet stores like Gold Aquariums that wouldn't sell you a fish if it were in bad health or incompatible.
I have had these experiences starting out going to Wai's.
I remember Danny would crack jokes as I left saying stuff like "Oh well, if that doesn't work you can just come back and buy more from me" or I would simply say ok I'll see you sometime and he would say "See you tomorrow".
At the time I basically just smirked and didn't think anything of it but looking back, that seems about right. That was how he worked.