View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
Today your tank depresses me I wish I could get that coloration. On he verge of giving up sps
Never give up, never surrender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
I've got my bone cutters with me. You going to let me in or what? Damn you scored some crazy sweet stuff
Ya, got lucky on a lot of these pieces. Sometimes they come in brown, or they turn brown or uninteresting as soon as they hit the tank so I can totally understand how some people can get frustrated easily with SPS. Some of these pieces I had to wait MONTHs for them to colour up or grow but once they do, it can be quiet a show. Anyome who's been at the SPS game long enough knows that it's all about patience.

A prime example is the Acropora insignis ("Fooser's Pearlberry") in the previous post. It was a brown stick for months and you can still see its ugly brown base. But then it finally started to grow and you can see the nice colours growing out of the ugly brown.

Another example is this guy. Have no idea what it is but came in on an order completely browned out and didn't do anything for months. Kinda forgot about it because it blended in with the brown rockwork LOL. Then I recently noticed that it started to grow develop some colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Reef View Post
Kien, I think you got ripped off. Things coming out of there are knockoffs and do not use real beans.

Kien, +10000 for originality! Really helps to remind me that this is all but a hobby so let it be fun!
PS: should this be moved over to the DIY thread, no?
d'oh!! Is that why they all say :Been Animal: on their tags? SOB!! Just as well I suppose.. my daughter and I had a falling out as she took exception to my DIY project yesterday.

Last edited by kien; 03-17-2013 at 04:22 PM.