View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 PM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I believe the metal balls are lead or another heavy metal, added simply for weight to keep the base down. They are certainly not mercury. As long as you got the majority out they shouldn't cause any problems in the tank. As for the puffer the swallowed glass will certainly have an effect, the metal not so much. If the puffer continues not to eat it's likely dieing and you should consider doing the humane thing at that point. Sorry for your luck.
I'm not entirely sure if the puffer ended up ingesting the broken glass; however I tried to piece most of it together to see and a small chuck is missing. I even re-aqua scaped this entire 230gal tank to look for the pieces, with no luck. I'm sure he must of swallowed some beads of lead (or whatever it is) though. I can't see how he couldn't. I will wait to see if the puffer continues to not eat. Although, he's still is swimming around like nothing happened. He is a big boy and a tough fish, wish me luck, cause I'll need it.

Thanks for the reply.

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Last edited by bulletsworld; 12-09-2009 at 06:31 PM.