Thread: LED lighting
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 05:39 AM

IronChefItaly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
If you are looking for used sign up on Facebook to Edmonton Coral Reef Buy and Sell. Way more members that are all local. Aquarium Illusions does have the Kessils on their display tank but you would need at least two on your tank at $500 a piece. I was thinking about them myself until one of our local reefers who has 6 of them over her tank had all of them die one by one and Kessil refused to do anything about it. You can usually find some cheap Maxspect Razors or give Evergrows a try for a fairly cheap fixture with a good reputation.
Haha. I was just going to mention this. Unfortunately Kessil as a company has a lot of quality control to work through. Their products are proven to be unreliable despite their initial glamour. I really do like the Kessils from both the fixture to the aesthetics of the light spread so hopefully they will sort themselves out in coming generations. When it comes to LEDs sky is the limit so I would really begin with what corals you plan to keep and what sort of expectations you have. And as others above have mentioned, if you're patient and don't mind second hand its definitely a good route in this hobby. Bottom end working up, you have something like Marine Orbit > Maxspect Razor > Hydra > Radion. Aside from that, welcome to LEDs!