View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Vendor

Blue World Aquariums is on a distinguished road

This LED is killer

by JOE BORBELY
Excellent!

Posted: 9/21/2011 from Lafayette, CO UNITED STATES Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: The shimmer and power coming out of this little light is amazing, not to mention that it is running completely silent with very minimal heat. Looks sweet on my rimless might have to just get another in the near future! Will have to update with how corals do but I love it so far. Also, very happy I decided to go 10K... much bluer than the pictures make it appear!

2 of 2 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Looks good, I hope it lasts

by CHRIS STANKEVITZ
Great

Posted: 8/30/2011 from GOLETA, CA UNITED STATES Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: Great compact size. It turns off when it overheats. Needs good ventilation -- cannot run in a closed hood or it turns off. It is not as bright as a 150W MH. If they ever make a brighter version, I'll buy that.

5 of 7 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Kessil A150 10K

by JASON S
Excellent!

Posted: 8/23/2011 from Texas Experience Level: Expert

Comments: I bought the Kessil A150 - 10K to replace the 150MH on my 34G Solana tank (due to heat issue, cost of bulbs, and not to mention energy savings) and at first impression I am impressed on how bright this little light is. The ripple effect is 2X better than the MH and the corals seem to be responding well (have had it running about a week now, so time will tell). As for heat from the unit, there is virtually none, with the housing on the fixture being slightly warm to the touch after running 6+ hours. I am glad I went with the 10K as it gives a great crisp look to the tank, although if needed I could always add a few actinic strips to aid in coloration down the road if needed. In the end based on my limited results I would recommend this product - Hope to give another update in a month or so to add any new findings.

45 of 46 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Kessil a150 10K

by ALFRED T
Excellent!

Posted: 8/17/2011 from FOSTER CITY, CA UNITED STATES Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: I just installed two A150 10K Kessil on my 36L 50 gallon tank. They look beautiful! I am so happy I went with the 10K. I originally ordered the 15K but changed my order. I figured it was easier to add more "blue" in my tank than to try to lighten it up. I am also using two 12 inch Ecoxotic Stunner Strips in Blue. If I want more of the 15K look in the future, I can daisy chain a few more led Stunner Strips to my canopy. The Kessils run very cool and are quite bright. I was running a 250w MH in 10k and 2x 55w power compacts in atinc. To the eyes, the Kessils does not seem to be as bright as the 250 MH, but they seem bright enough. No I will not miss the lilttle bit of brightness from my MH. I've decided to also keep my two 55w power compacts as they seem to "smooth out the lighting and add a little more "blue" to my tank. I must say though, that the Kessils, although initially not as bright to the naked eye compared to the MH, they do seem to over power more of my Sunner strips( harder to make out if there are on) and PC than MH when installed. With less heat, lower power consumption and great water rippling, deciding on Kessil A150 LEDs is a no brainer. Hope to give another review in a few months to see how the corals like them.