View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Your right on the money about the tang police.

I am not sure how many tangs and species of tangs Cougerman has, but some may say it it too many. Some of the fish are full grown also, he has a sailfin and several other that must be at least 12" in size. I would guess he has at least 20 different tangs in there.

Having seen the tank and see how the fish behave, I would say the fish population is fine. Most people would have no real idea how fish would behave in a 600G tank as realistically, most have never seen a tank so large, let alone fully stocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Think Dave was referring to Chaloupa's description of what the tang police are. She was rather polite - the whole concept of tang police came about because there is a school of thought that no tank is large enough for a tang, and people will jump all over someone else for even having a tang in the first place - thus, "tang police". And it's a bit silly because it seems that it's only tangs that receive this fervor of opinion - ie., angels, butterflies, etc - you don't hear of the "angel police" or the "anthias police".

Dave's just saying that anyone who feels a tang is being served an injustice by being kept in a tank, and applies those comments towards someone in a 600g tank hasn't probably actually seen this tank in person.

My guess anyhow. Sorry if I'm putting words in anyone's mouth!