View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 05:49 PM

Millepora_Maniac is on a distinguished road

Well, F'k it!

I ended up buying a probe, and dripping my effluent into a cup, measuring it as it comes out. I increased my drip rate by a drip per sec, (Two drips per second now) My PH is set to 6.3, and the effluent varies from 6.33 to 6.27. Bubble counter is at one per second.

When i started the reactor my tank had been running for over a week without dosing, the KH was at 4.5 or something ridiculously low.

Now that i am getting dialled in it is raising by .1 per day or so, it is now sitting at 7.3 so getting closer to the optimum. The first week it raised up to 6.5 The rest of the increase has been slower. The controller has stopped the air locking, that was definitely over saturation and the Co2 was condensing at the top of the chamber. in a different reactor that wouldn't matter as much, but on this one, the recirc pump is mounted on the top of the chamber, so it air locks. They have a bleeder on the top for that, but it can only handle so much and if you're putting too much Co2 through it, it will air lock eventually, or you will be dripping too much through it.

A controller always has been the way to go, i should have done it immediately. I'm all good now!

Cheers!

They recommend a KH increase of one per week, so i am within that now.

90 gal SPS display+65 gallon mixed reef
GEAR: Korallin calcium reactor, bio pellets, digital aquatics controller, Tunze ATO, MP40, 4 x Tunze 6105 w/controller, Reef Octopus Xp3000 ext, 2x250w MH, Futura LED.