View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 PM

Bzar is on a distinguished road

I've got 800ml in 100gal (estimated water volume) system. Got them from Oceanic Corals when they first came out around Jan I think it was. I was vodka carbon dosing before the pellets as a form of nutrient exporting, and had numerous challenges with that system (determining correct dose, ugly bacterial strings, looming threat of cyano, etc.)

However the experience with the pellets has been very pleasant. First they do as they say. I've had 0 nutrient challenges with this product since the new year. Nitrates and Phos are constant 0. The primary reason for the pellets is Nitrates, however they do seem to help with Phosphates. I also add 4 drops of Brightwell Microbacter7 daily for added bacterial control of nutrients (especially phosphates). The MB7 also helps replenish benneficial bacteria in the system as it's skimmed out and helps keep the water crystal clear.

This is a set it and forget it system...no dosing pumps or strict routine of manual dosing. So IMO these biopellets are well worth it for the ease of nutrient exporting alone. At the rate of use I'm noticing I'd imagine my initial 800ml will last about a year'ish, as mentioned, and I feed VERY VERY heavy.

Thanks OC for continued support of this product. I'll be adding another 100gal of frag tanks to my system soon and will be ordering another batch of pellets to compensate for the added volume.

Cheers