View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 02:51 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Looking cool Wes. I give bonus points for building in useable storage into you stand design! But I take away point for the back ally lighting setup haahaa...jk! I had to run fans as well, too freaking hot under there without them.

Get a tank and some water in that badboy!
Sorry... all of us can't afford waterproof end caps and nice little wire holders ahah

Yeah I guess I should have took a little more time cutting the reflector... and I guess I could have made the wiring a little neater... oops... but it's hard when you know that besides 1 little picture you're never really going to see it... and the few times I lift it up to feed and such I don't think the reflectors jagged edge will be my focus and I'm pretty sure it still reflects the light just as good . Plus it's hard when the fiance is hovering and asking why you love your fish tank more than her ahahah kidding... she's good about.

I also cut the fan switch to short so I was kinda limited in where I could put it. How many volts you running through your fans?? At 12 volts it was just WAY to loud for me. at 5.5ish I can barely hear it and I'm sure I wont hear it at all once I get the pump going. Are you overdriving you T5s??

I tried to make the stand as usable as possible... I always see peoples nice fish tanks circled by a cluttered mess of food, additives etc. so I want all that crap hidden so I figured the more cupboards the better. And I want super super easy access to the sump so that I'll actually do water changes and change the filter floss etc.