View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 11:23 PM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisco View Post
My phosphate is showing zero on the Hanna and my nitrates are 0.05 Salifert.

The reason I am thinking of switching salts is, I don't like some of the high alk that I get form IO and I have been battling cyano and now dino's. So I was hoping that maybe probiotic would be the way to go (would this even help?). I dose c-balance as two part and my own Mag mix...which is what Aquaforest 1+2+3 is, I think..but I am not adverse to switching. My doser is only 3 heads so didn't really want to add something else.

I was all set to try biopellets, but after some research, they sounded a little tricky for me. Maybe I should find a way to add a fuge? Little tricky in my set up but there might be a way.

I recently added 2 gals of hydroton into the sump to increase the biofilter and started to use Nitroguard as well to reduce Nitrates.

I love to have a full tank of corals and fish...but right now Dinoflagellets are killing me!

I don't know if running a fuge helps, your phos and nitrate are almost zero and also you running rowa phos, the algae in the fuge will just die....
There are a few different salt you can look into it with lower alk, or just can spend $15 dollar a Canadian tires on 1 gallon of muriatic acid....
Probiotic salt can get expensive.
Do you use Ro/di water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk