View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 03:05 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I endeavour to keep the nori clip stocked with a small sheet, inch or two square. Generally need to take care of that daily, so one could say 24/7. I have a single Yellow Tang & the clip has been a useful gauge for me to monitor if he/she/it is getting sufficient sustenance. He/she/it is not the greatest tank grazer..... don't see much of that going on at all. He/she/it is not the only customer at the nori clip though, my Singapore Angelfish is right there whenever I attach a fresh sheet. Even my Mama Maroon Clownfish partakes. I've witnessed her tear off a good size chunk from the clip & duke it out with the Tang on occasion when I let the last bit float that has been stuck in the clip when I refresh. From my experience, all my critters know when they've had enough. Once the initial frenzy after I add a fresh sheet is over, it quite often sits untouched for hours. Both the Tang & the Angel also gorge on mysis & brine during the evening feeding, but the Mama Clown vacuums most of that stuff up in no time. The Singapore also picks at the rock work presumably taking pods & such. None of my fish look like they're starving nor are they obese... An Eheim auto feeder dispenses flakes & pellets 3 times a day, everyone gets in on that too.

Last edited by mike31154; 08-06-2016 at 03:14 AM.