View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 02:40 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Yep that's a good idea. Will a ~60g batch be big enough to give a good representation of the salt?
Do you mean 60 grams of salt or 60 gallons of saltwater? If you mean the latter then that would be fine. The former would be questionable imo.

I'm not sure if TM uses Boron in their alkalinity supplement. There is also Boron in the Coral K Elements. I'm not sure I would be concerned about Boron at that level though.

Regarding the Mo - it's in the Coral A Elements.

I'm betting if you test your water with a Salifert Calcium kit you'll get a reading much closer to the Triton results. The Hanna Calcium Checker is notorious for giving false high readings - even if you're getting consistent readings. Also, if you're using the RO/DI water with 12 ppm TDS for the Calcium Checker that will throw it off too - you should be using distilled water for best results. My Calcium Checker is a shelf decoration and as far as I'm concerned that's all it's good for.

...And for the love of sticks why are you running old RO filters?!

Specifically read the part under "Deionizing Resin Depletion Issues" and make note that the DI resin is what takes the ammonia out of the city water here since Saskatoon adds chloramines to the water. Ammonia goes through the reverse osmosis membrane.

SPS fanatic.