View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 08:36 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

I think most people who have an ich or velvet out break know the cycle and know what to do , it comes down to if you want to do the work and go through the process of treating it or not .
If treated properly with approved methods and DT left fallow for the 8-9 weeks you will erridicate the ich and be free from it in your DT , and from now on all new additions will need to be Qt or your rolling the dice.

Remove the fish , treat with tank transfer method, copper , hypo (probably the hardest of the three) leave the DT fallow 8-9weeks.... Or roll the dice and take your chances if your fish will fight it off or die , those are the only real options

I had ich out break when I first set up my 125g years ago decided it was worth it to put in the work to catch and treat the fish fallow the tank and from that moment on all my fish are QT before entering cause I know the work involved

Just my 2 cents