View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 05:34 PM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

Realistically you have answered your own question , you either leave fish in display tank and try garlic guard and nls ich shield pellets and hope it gets under control, or you pull the fish and treat them and leave your display empty . And once that is cleared up qt everything you put in the display , seriously everything corals/new rocks/fish if you skip qt because the fish looks healthy you will always end up in the same boat. I have a couple fish coming up on 10 years so my method of qt'ing everything I would say has worked well . Have always hated treating fish in the qt with cuprimine , never tried real copper not worth the hassle , hypo is dangerous imo . My method has always been qt tank/good water quality / live rock , feed food soaked in garlic guard and let the fish be if the fish is strong the fish will be fine . So for me I dont use medicine/treatments and have never had ich in my display in the last decade I will continue to qt everything because you never know whats hiding and even when you dip you can still have stuff come in so qt eliminates guessing and if you have fish long term you would like to keep them healthy skipping qt is a terrible plan imo.