View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:51 PM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
I've noticed it from coast to coast. Especially in the maritimes. Have you ever gone thru a Timmy's drivethru and had your coffee paid for by the chap in front of you? That doesn't happen much in the US. Happened to me last year and it had quite an effect. I've cut back on my Horton's intake, but whenever I'm in their drive-thru now, the guy behind me doesn't pay. Cheap way to feel good
.... altho once, the woman behind me had ordered 3 sandwiches and I told the girl at the counter "Ehh...maybe next time

*edit* I think some of the difference between Americans and Canadians (altho I'm half American as well) is best illustrated by the way Canadians welcomed Syrian refugees into this country, while the US has virtually closed off access and is almost paranoid that they all could be terrorists. Cheers, Tim
I do not want to go to far in depth with all this. I will say that I lived in the states for quite some time. From Seattle to San Diego. Firstly, Timmys only just opened a few stores in the USA , so there is probably not to much going on with the pay it forward over there at Timmys.
There is however, lots of people doing similar things in the USA. I personally saw it and I am sure it happens in most places around the world. Canada is one of the youngest countries in the world, so more than likely, most others have done it already, centuries ago..

My friends words were about the attitude of Canadians, as opposed to Americans.
To me, it is irrelevant if Americans pay it forward at Timmys or not. Our(Canadian) attitude is still unchanged about the guy driving the Ferrari. It is about a culture of thinking to me. Just like the culture of thinking most Syrians have towards western culture

Yes, not all Syrians are bad folks. The reality is that the majority of Syrian people "dislike" western culture and despise America as its unelected leader. Whether it is justified or not. It is their culture of thinking because of whatever reason.
I am very confident that if one was to Google the history of the Syrian and American relationship, one would see it is and was not, good by any stretch of the imagination.
So it does not surprise me that they may not want to take a chance on letting them live in their country after such a strained relationship already. Do you let people move into your house knowing there is a good chance they may not like you?
None of this really is pertinent to the discussion anyways is it? How does letting Syrians into a country have anything to do with with the Canadian attitude that this lady is just a scam and is ripping someone off to get herself a Ferrari?

IMO, Yes, skepticism is probably not a bad thing, but many comments made on here, were much more than just folks being skeptical.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I say....

Did she not respond by making the video explaining her actions? Would that not take much less time to accomplish than responding to every board, blog, vlog etc etc.

I look at how much time it takes to think of a respectful response and type it etc. Hell, I look at how long this response took, so imagine having to do that 100, 200 300... times. Imagine dealing with the haters etc on top of it. I would have to quit my job or something..The problem with that , is that I do not have a YouTube channel that makes me money...not yet anyways..haha

Last edited by reefwithareefer; 05-23-2016 at 11:01 PM.