View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 06:01 PM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

I personally think its more of Canadians being skeptical about suff like this . We are not use to patreon and being asked for donations in the reefing community , or at least I have yet to see patreon really being used in Canada for this type of thing. However Im into gaming/live streams and they have been doing it for a while using patreon to support them . Now some people use it as a tool to avoid leaving their house and having to face responsibility of being an adult , but some actually put a lot of time effort into making videos . Editing videos is not a quick thing to do so really if somebody appreciates the work they can chip in some money to help the person. Is this a bad thing ? No but like everything people will find ways to exploit it for money like everything .
My opinion I seen her videos long ago on youtube so its not like she just set up a channel and patreon to get a quick cash grab , and really her patreon has under $200 in donations so its not like shes getting rich from it , I have seen some youtube channels get more in a month in donations than I gross in a year lol. Think its more Canadians are skeptical when somebody with little to no activity on a forum board comes in from another country drops a post about a tank crash with links to a channel with heavy patreon influence , and then does not engage in the conversations . Cant deny its somewhat weird , why post if you have no intention on conversation about it ? Dont see anything wrong with questioning it , I dont think this jeopardizes us as a whole being un friendly . More like a little suspicious and Canadians dont like bull shit so if something seems off , question it dont be afraid . I also think all of this would have been avoided if the OP would have checked in and replied to a few questions on the first page , so when a few pages go by no second post people start wondering why . If she would have engaged in the convo none of this would have even came up , but I guess thats harder to do when you have literally posted the same thing on tons of other forums , plus only 18 posts? So im guessing she only posted to gather more attention to her youtube/patreon = $$$ . So cant you see why people are a little suspicious ?

Sorry for my terrible writing skills I suck and I realize this