View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 02:06 PM

theokie is on a distinguished road

I've had one for about 6 months now, has probably tripled in size. I haven't been able to get him to eat any prepared foods but my 200 gallon tank is full of aptasia and worms, hence the copperband.

I bought him from Big Al's in Edmonton as they had just received a group of the the healthiest copperbands I had seen in awhile, so I purchased the smallest one, along with a Hawaiian Long Nose Butterfly. The Long Nose eats everything and is growing a bit faster then the Copperband.

I feed a variety of frozen sea food along with NLS pellets that everyone else appears to do well on. I also add in baby brine shrimp every few days when I have left overs from feeding some of my smaller critters.

There isn't major aggression in my tank, but it is full of large, semi aggressive fish. Sargassum Trigger, Harelquin tuskfish, Freckleface Tang, Vlamigi tang, majestic foxface, 14 Lyretail Anthias, Long Horn Cowfish, Blue Boxfish, and probably a few others that I can't recall. And before people complain, my tank is tied into a system of over 800 gallons, and is not the "normal" style rectangular tank, its a cube with primarily Gyre type flow, so the fish don't pace the tank but instead swim on the water tread mill.