Thread: Brown water
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 06:37 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Brown water

Yesterday morning my water within the space of 2 hours went from clear to a very dirty brown to the point where I could not see into the tank I immediately went into full panic mode and did an immediate 40 gallon water change as soon as I did that I made another batch of SW and did another water change at which point the water Was opaque but cleaning up I made a third batch of SW and did another 40 gallon water change after lights out. The skimmer went into overdrive as well and I was emptying the cup every 40 minutes until around 11pm when I finally went to bed this morning skimmer is back to normal.

This morning water is clear again all fish, known inverts and all my corals are accounted for and seem to be doing quite well. With that being said red cyano is back with a passion and nitrates are quite high but not overly worried about either as I can deal with both however the dirty brown water concerns me.

Does anybody have an idea of what might of happened to turn the water dirty brown?